Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I'm baaaaaack!

I'll bet you thought that I'd forgotten you. Mea culpa. My absence was far too long to be forgivable. In my defense, I've had a lot of irons in the fire and I'm only now starting to get back into the swing of things.

Happy NaNo one and all! I'm participating this time around. Maggie Vega and Nick Cooper are getting their final touch up before the query letters go off to the agents. Gulp. I have a healthy fear of agents, despite the fact (or perhaps due to?) the fact that I work in the industry and my boyfriend works for them.

My current NaNo project is tentatively titled "How to Not Be a Movie Star in Seven Easy Steps." I either really love the title or really hate it. I'm undecided. Thoughts? The story is about gossip blogger Lola Reyes who gets a little more than she bargained for when she writes a story about over-exposed movie star Jack Reynolds and he shows up on her doorstep. Between teaching Jack to be a regular guy, calming down her bridezilla best friend Stephanie and figuring out what the heck is up with her long term boyfriend Adam, Lola's life just went from domestic to insane.

How's that? Yeah, I totally used to work in marketing. I still think in blurb.

Off to NaNo. Cheers!

No comments: