Friday, December 18, 2009

Merry Everything!

Wishing you a happy, safe and beautiful holiday season. XOXO

And, as an early "present", a parody of a query letter. I don't recommend this, but maybe it would strike the right agent on the right day. It helps to enjoy the humour of a situation, right?

(To the tune of The Beatles "Paperback Writer")

Dear Sir or Madam, will you read my book?
It took me years to write, will you take a look?
It's a funny book about a funny girl
And I need a job so I want to be a published writer
Published writer

It's a Hollywood story of a Midwest girl
And she's just been thrown in a brand new world
Her dashing boyfriend's technically her boss
It's a risky move, but she wants to be a horror screenwriter
Horror screenwriter

There's an absent dad and a friend or two
As for conflicts, there's more than a few
Maggie's new at this, but she's got great style
Some pretty cute shoes, and she wants to be a horror screenwriter
Horror screenwriter

I really hope you will enjoy my tale
I'm truly quite desperate to make a sale
The rent is due and my job won't pay
So I need a break and I want to be a published writer
Published writer

No comments: